Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Kaleidoscope of Textiles

It's been a little while since my last post....wedding planning, work, and family have taken up my time recently leaving little time for my jewelry line and blog. Well, I'm back with new ideas for spring!

I've been trying to create the perfect silk flower to wear in your hair, as a pin, or an embellishment for a belt. School was cancelled due to bad weather leaving me with two days off last week! I went to a fabric store that I've never been before because I wanted to look for the perfect fabric for a silk flower for my hair on my wedding day (months away). I hit the  JACKPOT with scraps of gorgeous textiles on sale for 75 cents or so a piece....pefect for what I needed. I admit that I went a little crazy on the purchasing!

A rainbow of fabrics plus some



made into spring blossoms





This is just the beginning. They're not finished yet!


P.S. I didn't forget about the "after" post for the Express jewelry. I'll get to that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment