Before: Nice parts, but a little gaudy and too heavy!
After: Necklaces, bracelets, earrings, oh my
1. A rhinestone gold bow and a pearl with gold chain
2. A versatile hair clip featuring rhinestone chain with
ribbon and metal hair clip added
3. Dangle earrings with rhinestone and gold chain and
crystal, pearl, and earwire added
4. Rhinestone headband with added round
charms, pale gray ribbon, and headband
5. Black rhinestone and gold heart with
added black ribbon and headband
6. Several shades of gold chain connected with a rhinestone
gold key and heart lock with added lobster clasp.
7. A long necklace with multiple gold chain, black rhinestones featuring an
assymetrical rhinestone heart and pearl centered with a gold key
8. A rhinestone starburst set atop a gold flower connected with an
added green crystal and rhinestone headpin on a gold chain
Before: Multiple layers of rhinestone, silver, and black chains
After: Chain, chain, chain....
9. A simple long rhinestone chain tied with an added robin's egg blue ribbon
10. Black and Crystal Rhinestones set on gunmetal chain
11. A black chain bracelet with added lime green ribbon entwined in midst
Before: A GORGEOUS rhinestone necklace, but a little too heavy and large
12. A glamorous rhinestone medallion on silver chain set long and finished with a robin's egg blue frayed ribbon.
I get so many compliments on this piece!
13. The matching bracelet with chain from all three necklaces...love it!
14. Another piece to add to the collection...a headband!
15. The original form of the necklace minus all the chains
and medallions...definitely more versatile!
16. A rhinestone chain on purple silk ribbon bracelet
17. A wrapped chain and rhinestone bundle with added pearls and turquoise ribbon
18. A long necklace featuring rhinestones, chain, and added pearls.
A mixture of all three necklaces...
19. A simple flower cluster on a gunmetal chain
20. A chain adjustable belt finished with a gold key
21. A hodgepodge of the leftover materials
22. A multi-layered necklace featuring gold butterfly and rose
charms, black chain, and purple beads.
The grand total: 21 individual pieces of jewelry
There are so many things you can do with unwanted, old, inexpensive, or gaudy jewelry. Just break it apart and start from stratch. There's bound to be at least one nice feature on any old piece of jewelry to use. Mix and match with other pieces of jewelry that you don't want or with your current stock of bead/jewelry supplies.
I still have a few pieces left over. A couple of rhinestone flowers will be used in my wedding bouquet and the other pieces...well I'm just not sure about it yet! I still have to think about it!
Post pictures of your unwanted jewelry and I'll do my best to give you some project ideas of your own. I hope this sparks some creativity!