Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Over the years, my mom and began collecting bird ornaments here and there. Eventually, we had so many that we had a separate bird themed tree for Christmas! This year I celebrate Christmas with my very first tree and I have continued the tradition in my home.
I bought a plain snowflake tree topper, but it just didn't fit into my bird theme. So.....I challenged myself to create a fanciful tree topper that suited my bird ornaments using only what supplies I already had around the house.


Before: A NEST



After: A pefect tree topper for my BIRD TREE




 Sparkle, shine, and lots of whimsy are the only requirements to make it on my tree and maybe a bird or 10!

 Take a look closer and you'll find friends of a feather

Lady Ostrich
 

Mr. Cardinal

A royal peacock

and one of many bird houses


Kissing fish are welcome too 

and the sea horse


I can't forget about the little Santa Dachshund

 and some of Santa's helpers too!

Sampson is on the left and Mia is on the right. Samp is mad because the tree skirt can no longer serve as his napping area due to wrapped presents!


Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I'll be back refreshed and ready for the new year....lots to do and a little relaxing too!


No comments:

Post a Comment